One of the biggest missteps in marketing is that people think of digital channels first, like Facebook or Instagram, and then website traffic in terms of visitors. The secret to great marketing is to think of digital channels in terms of audiences and visitors in terms of people. Email marketing gets us closer to this thinking.
I wrote a blog post on Website Metrics 101 recently that talked about website visitors and the importance of knowing your traffic results. Taking website visitors once step further, email marketing allows us to dive deeper into understanding who these visitors are so we can begin to break them down into audiences.
I’m going to list out 7 reasons why you need to grow your email list.
7 Reasons Why You Need to Grow Your Email List
1. Primary traffic driver to your website offerings
2. Main form of communications with customers and potential customers
3. Allows you to engage with your audience in a personalized way that traditional literature can’t
4. Higher chance of converting your contact into a customer or a repeat customer
5. Can give multiple offers and bring awareness to related products of interest
6. A way for you to relate to your audience and prove you have a relevant solution to solve their problem or that can address their pain point
7. And as an upcoming digital maven, you will be steadily collecting information on your audience’s likes and dislikes that will help you be able to serve them better in the future
If that’s not enough to convince you to start the journey of growing your email marketing list, then take a look at these statistics from top industry experts:
4 Email Marketing Statistics That Will Impress You
1. Email is nearly 40 times better than Facebook and Twitter at acquiring customers. (McKinsey & Company)
2. 70% of people say they always open emails from their favorite companies. (ExactTarget)
3. 77% of consumers said they like marketing through email best. (Marketo)
4. 91% of U.S. adults say they like getting promotional emails from companies they do business with. (ExactTarget)
What reasons would you add to the list that I may have left out?
Learn more about email marketing campaigns and tips that will help you increase open rates and engagement of your promotional emails in my article 3 Simple Secrets to Effective Email Marketing.